- If you’re unwilling to swallow margin erosion related to necessities like pallets, consider replacing your new pallets for recycled pallets. You can cut your cost per pallet in half without sacrificing performance.
- There is very little difference in the integrity and performance of a new and recycled pallet.
- A recycled pallet is harder and lighter in weight because its components have less moisture. Less weight = lower freight.
- It’s not necessary to use new pallets for export outside the US. There are recycled pallet options.
- Many companies in the food and pharmaceutical industry use recycled pallets and enjoy significant cost savings. (Recycled pallets are half of the cost of new.)